Colour and optical variations occur in the production process of for example plastic foils, coated glass or phosphor plates due to small variations in compounds, process, characteristics or layer thickness. Often colour changes can also be used as an efficient way to control the production process or for example layer thickness of a coating. A stabilized and controlled light source as the Admesy Steropes teamed up with one of our spectrometers, colorimeters or light meters makes the ideal combination to measure translucent substances for a wide range of applications, including liquids by means of cuvettes. Admesy offers solutions for three types of transmission measurements:
- Spectral transmission properties of materials to determine transmissive response for each individual wavelength.
- Colour measurement of materials by means of a colorimeter or spectrometer.
- Optical density to measure the amount of light absorbed and transmitted through a material.
The table below gives an overview of different transmission measurements and corresponding measurement devices.
|Rhea & Steropes||Hera & Steropes||Asteria & Steropes|
|High density [OD]||X|
During high speed production processes of various products it is important to monitor colour or characteristics of the product. Firstly they determine the look and feel of the final product. Variation within and between product batches can be perceived as low quality by end users. Secondly such variations in colour or characteristics can also indicate variation in the production process which might have other quality issues. Admesy offers various solutions to support the following reflection measurements:
- Specular component excluded [SCE], measures colour by illuminating and measuring from different angles. This allows true colour measurement excluding the influence of gloss.
- Specular component included [SCI], measures colour by illuminating and measuring
at various angles to measure both colour and gloss for total appearance measurement.
|Reflective probe 0 degree||Reflective probe 45 degree|